(in Wolfson Hall)
|Breakfast||8:15–9:30, weekdays||£5.6 (1 meal ticket)|
|Lunch||12:15–13:30, weekdays||Charged per item|
|Dinner||17:30–18:30 Tue, Thu, Sun; |
18:00–19:15 rest of week
|£5.6 (1 meal ticket)|
|Brunch||10:30–12:45, weekends||£5.6 (1 meal ticket)|
|Formal Hall||19:25–night is young, Tue, Thu, Sun||£16.8 (3 meal tickets)|
|Exchange Formal||See Term Card||£22.4 (4 meal tickets) x 2 legs|
NB: Normal meals are run from Week 1 to Week 9 of every term; Formal Halls are run from Week 1 to Week 8.
Formal Hall is an Oxford tradition of having a three-course dinner and wine with other members of the College and their guests. Each formal hall is limited to 130 people and there is a limit of three guests per student, space permitting. When sitting on high table the limit is one guest per student.
- The website to book Formal Hall can be found here (student access only).
- Bookings close at noon three days prior.
- Sherry is served before dinner, and port after dinner, in the MCR on Thursdays and Sundays. You are invited to bring your dinner guests to the MCR before and after formal hall.
- Dietary requirements should be specified during the booking. Dietary requirement cards can be taken upon entering the dining hall.
- To sign up to an exchange, you only book the home leg. This automatically registers you for the away leg. You are expected to attend both as good hosts and guests.
- This effectively pays for two meals. The cost for these two meals is £44.80 total (£22.40, or 4 meal tickets each) as they are a slightly more grand occasion. A standard Teddy formal is 3 meal tickets (£16.80) each. You must have this sufficient credit on your EPOS account to book.
- Guest / associate members are not able to sign up to exchange formals.
- You may sign up to one exchange per term.
- Home legs start at 6:45pm in the MCR, with dinner starting at 7:25. I will email out times for away legs to those who sign up.
- Gowns are worn during home legs, not away legs.
- All away legs are formal wear unless otherwise stated. All home legs are formal wear with no exceptions.
- If you find you cannot attend once booking has closed, selling your ticket is done informally. If you bought a ticket this way, you take the place of person, including their dietary requirements (as kitchens only make enough for the dietaries when they’ve been sent). You don’t need to email anybody about it.